Cheeky Cherubs Early Years Schools provide an After School Care service. There are also camps arranged for holidays and mid-terms depending on demand.
Children are provided with a hot meal and an afternoon programme of activities in a safe secure environment suitable to their needs, with a diverse range of equipment and activities including access to technology to aid in their development. Children can relax and unwind after their day at school. Cheeky Cherubs teachers supervise the children with their homework at a designated time. Each day, the children are encouraged to develop new skills and activities include:
- Creative Representation and Exploration of the Arts; Exploring different artistic mediums such as paint, fabric, sculpture; Learning about different artists including methods and subjects of expression; Exploring cultures around the world through art
- Physical Education; development of gross motor skills, balance, co-ordination, predicting and estimating, use of the Atelier, implementation of the Buntus Programme
- Supervised computer access (depending on age)
- Cooking, baking, recipes, introducing and learning about different cultures through food
- Outings to local amenities and attractions
- Visitors – Garda, nurse, doctor, fireman, librarian, musicians, artists, dancers, mechanic, army person, actor, guide dogs, carpenter.
- Social skill development through dramatic play, imaginative play, dress up and role playing
- Dance from around the world such as ballet, Irish, tap, break dancing, salsa, tango
- Music from around the world such as classical, instrumental, up-tempo and easy listening with various beats
- Science, mass and volume, biology of the human body, planting and cultivation
- French classes, yoga (extra cost)
- Use of the library and iPads.
The After School Care is open daily from 1.30pm-6pm. Please contact us for fees.